Wednesday, September 21, 2011

CLASSICS OF CRAP: VOLUME 2-THE ROOM


Oh HAI, guys! So for this edition of Classics of Crap, I wanted to share one of my newest favorite bad movies, Tommy Wiseau's, The Room. I first heard about The Room as it was making headlines here in LA for being a popular midnight movie. I found a copy of the dvd and gave it a spin. It was amazing. After watching it about 5 times, I went to the theater on Sunset where it was playing and got to see it live, with Tommy himself in attendance. He was running up and down the aisles, shaking people's hands, signing autographs, obviously having a great time. His Hollywood dream had come true.

About the movie--A personal story about a man who thinks of himself as a giving lover, only to be betrayed by his girlfriend, The Room is horribly amateurish production. Plot threads and characters appear and disappear without notice, and the acting is flat across the board, save for some over the top outbursts("You're tearing me apart Lisa!") I cant even decide what is the best part of the movie. Is it watching Denny get chewed out by Lisa's mom, the headspinning flowershop doggie scene, or watching the Brittany Spears-esqe Juliette Danielle moan in ecstasy as she clutches Tommy Wiseau's gefilte fish textured back? If you haven't walked into The Room yet, I highly recommend it. Just bring a framed picture of a spoon with you.

No comments: